Good Thursday morning. Here are some of the stories making news in Washington and politics today.
• In a daylong hearing before the House Oversight and Reform Committee, Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former personal lawyer, accused Mr. Trump of an expansive pattern of lies and criminality. He offered a damning portrayal of life inside the president’s orbit — where, he said, advisers sacrifice integrity for proximity to power.
• Accusations by Mr. Cohen, such as the president’s alleged knowledge of the hacked Democratic emails released by WikiLeaks, could create new legal issues for Mr. Trump. His testimony also revived questions about whether Mr. Trump broke the law by failing to disclose that he had footed the bill for a hush payment to a pornographic film actress.
• The searing portrait that Mr. Cohen delivered — one of a lying, cheating, racist president who used money and threats to conceal immoral and illegal behavior — will test both parties as they hurtle toward a political confrontation over the fate of the Trump presidency.
• Mr. Cohen’s testimony sealed the breakup of a 10-year relationship with Mr. Trump, one that associates described as a mix of lawyer and client, father and son, and the blind loyalty of henchman to crime boss.
• Far away from Capitol Hill, Mr. Trump was in Hanoi, Vietnam, meeting with the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un for the second time. The talks ended early, with no agreement on even the first steps toward denuclearizing the North. Asked about Mr. Cohen’s testimony, Mr. Trump said, “He lied a lot.”
• Prosecutors have revised their account of how Paul Manafort, Mr. Trump’s former campaign chairman, lied about his contacts with a business associate whom they have linked to Russian intelligence services.
• The attorney general for the District of Columbia has subpoenaed documents from Mr. Trump’s inaugural committee. He is the latest official to delve into the committee’s fund-raising and spending, and he appears to be looking for possible evidence of self-dealing.
• The House voted to require background checks for all gun purchasers — including those at gun shows and on the internet — in the first significant gun control bill to clear the chamber in over two decades. Here’s more about the vote, and a look at what the next steps could be.
• More than 100 House Democrats rallied around a “Medicare for all” bill that would eliminate most private health insurance. The proposal, which was light on details, highlighted a split within the party.
• The North Carolina political operative who oversaw a fraud-ridden voter-turnout effort in the state’s Ninth Congressional District on behalf of a Republican was arrested on Wednesday over his work in a previous election.
• Beto O’Rourke says he has “made a decision” about his political future. What is it? He’ll tell you “soon.”
• Gavin Newsom, the governor of California, stopped by The Times to talk to the Editorial Board. Our California Today newsletter has the details, including his thoughts on the future of his state and working with other West Coast governors. (California residents, and anyone else interested, can sign up for that newsletter here.)
Today’s On Politics briefing was compiled by Isabella Grullón Paz in New York.
Were you forwarded this newsletter? Subscribe here to get it delivered to your inbox.
Is there anything you think we’re missing? Anything you want to see more of? We’d love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.B:
“【好】【一】【式】，【绝】【世】【魔】【剑】【啊】！” 【谢】【晓】【峰】【看】【着】【剑】【脊】【上】【道】【道】【剑】【痕】，【不】【由】【得】【喟】【叹】【一】【声】，“【谢】【某】【人】【被】【世】【人】【赞】【誉】【为】【天】【生】【的】【剑】【中】【帝】【王】，【久】【而】【久】【之】【也】【有】【些】【志】【得】【意】【满】，【自】【认】【天】【下】【第】【一】【了】，【但】【是】【今】【日】【方】【知】，【人】【外】【有】【人】，【天】【外】【有】【天】【啊】！” “【前】【辈】～～” 【秦】【可】【情】【疑】【惑】【的】【看】【了】【看】【谢】【晓】【峰】，【又】【看】【了】【看】【他】【手】【中】【的】【剑】，【这】【把】【剑】【她】【一】【路】【带】【到】【了】【神】【剑】【山】
【姜】【书】【栋】【和】【林】【逸】【之】【在】【教】【学】【楼】【汇】【聚】【之】【后】【就】【开】【始】【商】【量】【午】【饭】【吃】【什】【么】，【姜】【书】【栋】【最】【近】【体】【能】【消】【耗】【大】，【必】【须】【摄】【入】【高】【热】【量】【食】【物】。 【林】【逸】【之】【富】【贵】【气】【质】【很】【浓】【厚】，【表】【情】【玩】【味】【活】【脱】【脱】【一】【个】【富】【家】【公】【子】，【他】【全】【身】【的】【服】【饰】【不】【加】【手】【表】【都】【已】【经】【上】【万】【了】。 【姜】【书】【栋】【自】【信】【阳】【光】，【穿】【着】【更】【接】【地】【气】，【跟】【漫】【画】【里】【面】【的】【运】【动】【王】【子】【一】【样】。 【两】【个】【帅】【哥】【走】【在】【一】【起】【吸】【引】【了】【不】【少】【人】马会输尽光2014《【超】【级】【神】【血】【脉】》【总】【算】【是】【完】【结】【了】。 【多】【谢】【大】【家】【一】【直】【以】【来】【的】【支】【持】，【毕】【竟】【断】【了】【很】【多】【次】，【也】【很】【久】。【总】【算】【是】【这】【几】【天】【内】，【让】【它】【完】【结】【了】。 【至】【于】【各】【种】【情】【况】，【就】【不】【多】【说】【了】，【总】【之】【完】【结】【了】。 【另】【外】，【希】【望】【大】【家】【支】【持】【树】【火】【的】【另】【一】【本】【书】《【修】【炼】【我】【靠】【玩】【游】【戏】》，【字】【数】【足】【够】【了】，【足】【够】【大】【家】【看】【个】【爽】，【希】【望】【多】【多】【支】【持】。
【三】【大】【冥】【宝】，【死】【亡】【符】【诏】，【轮】【回】【印】，【冥】【道】【剑】【乃】【是】【地】【府】【的】【命】【脉】，【自】【神】【话】【时】【代】【便】【是】【重】【器】。 【秦】【羽】【获】【得】【死】【亡】【符】【诏】，【便】【是】【占】【据】【了】【气】【运】，【先】【机】【尽】【得】，【不】【过】【另】【外】【两】【件】【冥】【宝】【的】【下】【落】【依】【旧】【重】【要】【无】【比】。 “【地】【府】【已】【经】【染】【指】【星】【空】【了】，【他】【们】【已】【经】【知】【道】【轮】【回】【印】【和】【冥】【道】【剑】【的】【下】【落】【了】？”【秦】【羽】【问】【道】。 【鬼】【母】【月】【姬】【点】【了】【点】【头】：“【你】【猜】【得】【不】【错】。” “【在】
【这】【本】【书】【写】【到】【现】【在】【仍】【旧】【没】【有】【任】【何】【起】【色】。【每】【个】【月】【拿】【着】【全】【勤】【心】【里】【很】【不】【是】【滋】【味】【儿】，【倒】【不】【是】【因】【为】【嫌】【弃】【钱】【少】。【而】【是】【觉】【得】【对】【不】【住】【一】【直】【照】【顾】【我】【的】【编】【辑】【大】【大】！ 【毕】【竟】【没】【创】【造】【什】【么】【价】【值】，【没】【给】【大】【大】【带】【来】【什】【么】【收】【益】。【再】【这】【样】【混】【全】【勤】【实】【在】【于】【心】【不】【忍】。【写】【到】【现】【在】【只】【好】【停】【了】！ 【再】【有】【就】【是】【有】【了】【孩】【子】，【开】【销】【忽】【然】【增】【加】【了】【许】【多】，【靠】【教】【师】【微】【薄】【的】【收】【入】【已】【经】【不】
“【一】【凡】，【快】【说】【是】【什】【么】【办】【法】？” 【洛】【小】【丸】【迫】【不】【及】【待】，【她】【现】【在】【唯】【一】【的】【信】【念】【就】【是】【将】【北】【瑶】【祤】【除】【去】。 “【入】【魔】。” 【夜】【一】【凡】【缓】【缓】【吐】【出】【这】【两】【个】【字】，【要】【想】【比】【北】【瑶】【祤】【更】【强】【唯】【有】【入】【魔】，【将】【自】【己】【的】【灵】【魂】【交】【出】，【以】【魂】【魄】【换】【取】，【这】【样】【才】【能】【克】【制】【北】【瑶】【祤】。 “【如】【何】【入】？” 【洛】【小】【丸】【几】【乎】【没】【有】【犹】【豫】，【现】【在】【只】【要】【能】【杀】【北】【瑶】【祤】，【不】【论】【是】【什】【么】【办】【法】，